Interent Safety Tips
- Keep the computer in public area of your home.
- Limit time on the internet.
- Notice if your child is closing out of Internet pages when you walk into the room.
- Stay involved. Talk to your child about what they are doing online. Spend time letting them show you what is online.
- Ask to see their profile page often.
- Learn all you can about the Internet.
- Keep all passwords private.
- Don't post anything your parents, principal, or teachers couldn't see.
- Use only your login name when chatting online. Never give out your real name.
- Never give out photos of yourself or family.
- Never give out your home address or school information.
- Never agree to meet anyone. Not everyone online is a "friend".
- If you see or read something that upsets you or is offensive to you, stop or get your parents.
- Remember nothing you write online is totally private.
- Always ask your parents if you have a question about something online.